Needless to say, I had to learn to make it.
You know what the funniest thing is? It is ridiculously simple and everyone I have raved about it to has said, oh yeah, that's old school. Or something along those lines. Seriously? Where the heck have I been living? The only bright side of this rock is that my dad hadn't ever had it (he doesn't like sauerkraut) and he is now interested in growing extra cabbage so he can make sauerkraut so that he can make this recipe. Yep, it really is that good.
Perfect Pork Chops a.k.a. Braised Pork Chops with Sauerkraut
*this recipe takes 3 hours to cook but only about 10 minutes or less of active work.
Organic, pasture raised pork Chops
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. Liberally salt and pepper the pork chops.
3. Brown pork chops on both sides in a dutch oven or oven safe pan that has a cover.
4. Top the pork chops with sauerkraut.
6. Cover and cook at 375° F for 45 minutes.
7. Turn the heat down to 300°F and cook for at least 2 hours.
8. Serve. Enjoy your (real) When Harry Met Sally moment.
The verdict? I don't have enough pork chops and pork steaks in my freezer to have this once a week and so I am a little sad. But then I cook it again and forgot all about that. This recipe is so good. It has even made a sauerkraut eater out of me. (I know, I know, another thing I am learning to like.)
If you do anything in the next 30 days, try this recipe. Serve it with mash potatoes, serve it with noodles, bread or just a salad. I promise you won't be disappointed.
Okay, I am now off to pull another package of pork chops/steaks out of the freezer.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.