No Stir Simple Granola
1/3-1/2 c. organic oil (I use coconut)*
1/3 c. maple syrup or packed organic brown sugar
1/3 c. maple syrup or honey
1-4 t. organic vanilla extract (or almond) depending on other flavors
1/2 t. salt
5 c. old fashioned oats
2 c. of nuts or other dry flavors such as seeds or coconut**
2 c. dried additions
1. Preheat oven to 325°C.
2. Mix oil and sweeteners. Whip in mixer while getting dry ingredients together.
3. Mix nuts, oats, salt and seasonings together in a bowl.
4. Add dry ingredients to oil/syrup mixture and combine.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Line pan with Parchment Baking Paper if desired (I do, then I compost it.)
6a. Press into a baking sheet evenly.
7. Bake for 40-45 minutes****
8. Remove tray from oven and allow to cool (DO NOT TOUCH!) for 1 hour.
9. Break up the granola and add whatever fruit or chocolate you want.
* I use 1/2 c. of oil because I use extra thick oats, however when I have regular old fashioned oats on hand, I tend to use 1/3 c. Both are delicious.
** I almost always use 1 c. nuts and 1 c. shredded, unsweetened organic coconut.
*** I use a number of spice options:
-1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
-1 tsp. cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. cardamom, 1/2 tsp. ginger
-1 1/2 tsp. cardamom
the possibilities are endless, these are just he ones I use most.
**** I usually only need 40 minutes in my convection oven. That said, a number of times I have needed to go somewhere and have cooked the granola for 25-30 minutes, then turned the oven off. I leave the granola in the oven with the door closed. When I return it is usually done and cooled. This is also something I do if it is hot outside.
This is our favorite recipe. I love it with milk in the morning. The kids love to munch it all day. I promise one of my most used phrases is "Get your hands out of the granola jars!" It is the perfect snack to have on hand and the easiest breakfast I have found.
Shared on The Homestead Blog Hop. Modest Mom