For the holiday of love, we decided to indulge in some dark, delicious chocolate pudding. Yum!
1 c. maple syrup
1/2 cup organic cocoa (skip if you want vanilla pudding, you can also whisk in pureed banana)
1/4 c. plus 1 TBSP organic cornstarch
1 tsp salt
4 c. organic whole milk
2 Tbsp organic unsalted butter (if using salted, reduce salt above to 1/2 tsp.)
2 tsp organic vanilla extract (optional)
1. Whisk maple syrup and cornstarch in a sauce pan big enough to hold all ingredients.
2. Whisk in cocoa and salt.
3. Whisk and gradually add milk.
4. Heat mixture, stirring so it doesn't burn until boiling.
5. Boil and stir for 2-5 minutes, until thickened.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Whisk in butter and vanilla extract.
8. Chill 2-6 hours until cold.
9. Serve and enjoy!
I absolutely love this pudding. I was never really a pudding girl but this dark chocolate pudding satisfies my chocolate cravings. L1 thinks it is too chocolatey (Is that possible?) so if you like a litter flavor, you can reduce the cocoa to 1/4 c. We have also added unsweetened toasted coconut because I love coconut. Add the toasted coconut to a chocolate crust and it is heaven.